Wednesday 24 March 2010

Pitch to the 2nd Years

So today I pitched to the second year animators, hoping to secure our film some UV mappers, textures, lighters and animators. I re-used our end of term 2 pitch presentation and added in a few slides for the task we decided to set the hopefuls who wanted to work on the film.

I used some of the basic scenes I created earlier in the year for the task, the Hero corner and Macho corner. These could be accessed in Public folders > Gnomes Texturing and Lighting Tests along with our sample textures as well as all the zip files for the paint brushes we use in photoshop to create the textures so they could make their own. We also included a render example so the guys can see the quality of the aesthetic were after.

I hope that this gives people something to jump on board and get on with as the files are all set up and ready to go. I didn't show the animatic...i acted it out instead which at the very least provided some entertainment for the guys. Right before a pitch, I'm nervous...and Im not even kidding there were a lot of 2nd years and their beady eyes of hope made me scream inside (just a feeling mind not reality) but once i get going Im away and frankly love the presentation and performance aspect. I love conveying the idea to people and finding ways to engage them and keep them interested in the presentation.

I could go on..but in short, this year has given me so much exposure to presentation I feel i could do it in my sleep (an interesting concept).

So heres the presentation slide were the tests were explained.


Collected 18 names from people who were interested and going to email them all individually to remind them of what we'd like. Hopefully between the 3 groups who pitched today, we'll all manage to get the help we deserve.


Man Im shattered...presenting is tiring but things will be on the up.

No comments:

Post a Comment